Rob and Christina Seever

Missionaries to the Philippines.

Monday, February 23, 2009

ANIVERSERY 9 YEARS


This last Sunday we celebrated our 9th year anniversary. It was quite a time. We buchard a 80 kilo pig for the event. It takes about 6 hours to cut and prepare the meat. Then it's an all-nite cooking endeavor, what with rice and the different dishes. This is one time Christina and I don't have to cook. Many hands make light work.

Between planting a new church and preparing for the celebration Christina and I we're kept very busy.

Until we get the new church planted, I am transporting the people back and forth, which puts quite a burden on the car. I can only haul about 25 people at a time depending on the size of the person. We had to hire motercycles to help this last Sunday And it's an hour round trip. It seems like every trip something falls off of the car. The road over here is like driving up a river bed, very rough and slow going. I'm reminded of Wayne Myers and his storys of the Mexican roads. Also Ron Veach and his adventures in Mexico hauling water. I have a few pictures of the preparation of the feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment